1800 RESPECT - National Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence Counselling Service
- 1800RESPECT is the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service
- This page contains information about how 1800RESPECT began and how we operate
- You can find out more about what to expect when you contact our service at the Telephone and online counselling page.
Who are 1800RESPECT
1800RESPECT is funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services to provide support for:
- People experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual assault, domestic or family violence
- Their friends and family
- Workers and professionals supporting someone experiencing, or at risk of experiencing sexual assault, domestic or family violence
1800RESPECT are a confidential service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Information: On sexual assault, domestic and family violence, abuse, and other issues.
Referral: Putting you in touch with people and services that can help you
Counselling: What you talk about and how much you say is up to you. We can listen and work with you to come up with things that might help. Workers and professionals can also use this service.
1800RESPECT is delivered by Medibank Health Services on behalf of the Federal Government Department of Social Services. It is part of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010-2022.